Sugar Free Muffins
Indulging in a delightful treat without the guilt of added sugars is made possible with our Sugar-Free Muffins Recipe. These muffins are a wholesome and flavorful alternative for those seeking a healthier option, free from refined sugars and wheat flour.
Made primarily with almond flour and coconut flour, these muffins are gluten-free, making them suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions. They are moist, tender, and packed with natural goodness. The natural sweetness of ripe bananas and the optional honey or maple syrup add a touch of sweetness without relying on processed sugars.
The combination of mashed bananas, unsweetened applesauce, and Greek yogurt not only enhances the muffins’ texture but also provides a creamy and satisfying base. A dash of cinnamon and a hint of vanilla extract infuse warmth and aroma into every bite.
For those who enjoy added texture and flavor, the recipe offers the flexibility to incorporate chopped nuts or bursts of freshness with berries. The possibilities are endless, allowing you to customize your muffins to suit your preferences.
Baking these muffins is a breeze. Simply mix the wet and dry ingredients, combine them gently, and pop them in the oven. In a short time, your kitchen will be filled with the inviting scent of freshly baked muffins. The result is a batch of golden-brown muffins with a soft interior, perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert.
With our Sugar-Free Muffins Recipe, you can savor a guilt-free indulgence that satisfies your sweet cravings while nourishing your body with wholesome ingredients. Whether you’re following a sugar-free lifestyle or simply looking for a healthier muffin option, this recipe offers both deliciousness and nutrition in every bite. Enjoy the delightful balance of flavors and textures, knowing that you’ve made a choice that’s both scrumptious and good for you.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or berries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease it lightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix them together and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, applesauce, Greek yogurt, honey or maple syrup (if using), eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; it’s okay if there are a few lumps.
- If you want to add nuts or berries, gently fold them into the batter.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These sugar-free muffins without wheat flour are a great gluten-free option. They’re still delicious and can be customized with your choice of nuts or berries. Adjust the sweetness by using honey or maple syrup as desired. Enjoy!
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.