Written by Veronica Yoo
Salmon And Avocado Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Can foods help restore collagen? Absolutely! If you’re concerned about thinning and dry skin, try this dish that’s packed with collagen-boosting ingredients.
- 1 pound of fresh salmon, cooked and flaked
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked salmon, mixed greens, diced avocado, mixed nuts, mixed berries, cherry tomatoes, and sliced hard-boiled eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Drizzle the citrus vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe is a healthy and delicious way to incorporate collagen-boosting ingredients into your diet.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.