Salmon And Avocado Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Can foods help restore collagen? Absolutely! If you’re concerned about thinning and dry skin, try this dish that’s packed with collagen-boosting ingredients.
- 1 pound of fresh salmon, cooked and flaked
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked salmon, mixed greens, diced avocado, mixed nuts, mixed berries, cherry tomatoes, and sliced hard-boiled eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Drizzle the citrus vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe is a healthy and delicious way to incorporate collagen-boosting ingredients into your diet.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.