Matcha green tea is derived from finely powdered, shade-grown green tea leaves. Due to its numerous health benefits, it has gained recognition as a superfood. I have shared my homemade matcha protein bars with friends and family, and everyone who tried them had a unanimous comment: “Veronica, it tastes heavenly!” Give it a try and share your love for it with me.
Health benefits of matcha green tea
- It contains high antioxidants, Vitamin A, B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and minerals.
- It boosts immune function and energy levels.
- It supports the body to get rid of harmful chemicals and toxins
- It contains EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) which is known for variety health benefit such as cardiovascular health, arthritis, and diabetes.
- It is proven to reduce burn body fat.
- It provides relief from constipation and improves mood.
- 4 cups organic raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 cup organic rolled oat, raw, blended
- ½ cup organic grass-fed butter, melted
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 4 scoop protein power, vanilla or butterscotch flavour
- 1 tbsp. organic matcha powder
- Prepare line wax paper on 8×8 baking pan.
- Add wet ingredients – cashews, butter, coconut butter, honey in a blend and blend until completely smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients – protein powder, oat, matcha powder.
- Pour blended wet ingredients into the mixture of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture batter in 8×8 square baking pan and press the batter to cover bottom of pan evenly.
- Place it in a freezer for 60 minutes+
- Remove it out of freezer and cut them in 16 pieces.
- Store in a refrigerator or a freezer after individual wrapped with wax paper or cling wrap.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.