Grass Fed Butter
Indulge in the rich, creamy goodness of homemade organic grass-fed butter. With just two ingredients—organic heavy cream and a pinch of sea salt—you can create a delectable spread that’s perfect for baking, cooking, or simply slathering on warm bread. Try this easy recipe and savor the natural flavors of quality ingredients.
- 2 cups of organic heavy cream (preferably from grass-fed cows)
- Sea salt (optional)
- Pour the organic heavy cream into a blender or food processor. Make sure the cream is at room temperature.
- Blend the cream on low speed initially and gradually increase the speed to high. Continue blending until the cream thickens and separates into butterfat (yellow solids) and buttermilk (liquid).
- Once the separation occurs, stop blending and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth to separate the butterfat from the buttermilk. Save the buttermilk for other recipes if desired.
- Rinse the butterfat under cold water to remove any remaining buttermilk. This step helps preserve the butter and prevent it from spoiling quickly.
- Using a spatula or your hands, gather the butterfat together and press out any excess liquid.
- If desired, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the butter and incorporate it by gently kneading or mixing the butter with a spatula.
- Transfer the butter to an airtight container or shape it into a log using parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow it to firm up.
- Enjoy your homemade organic grass-fed butter! It can be spread on bread, used in cooking, or enjoyed as a condiment.
Note: The amount of butter produced may vary depending on the cream used. It is normal for homemade butter to have a slightly different taste and texture compared to store-bought butter.
Please make sure to use high-quality organic heavy cream sourced from grass-fed cows to achieve the best results.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.