Welcome to a sweet revolution in your kitchen! Are you craving a cookie that aligns with your health-conscious lifestyle? Our Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are the answer to your indulgent dreams, minus the guilt. Whether you’re navigating the world of gluten sensitivities, reducing sugar intake, or simply looking for a healthier treat, these cookies are a perfect choice.
Crafted with almond flour for a gluten-free base, and sweetened naturally with stevia, each bite offers a delightful crunch and a burst of rich, dark chocolate. The fusion of coconut oil and grass-fed butter ensures every cookie is moist and tender, melting right in your mouth. This recipe is not just about satisfying your sweet tooth; it’s about offering a treat that fits into a variety of dietary preferences.
So, preheat your oven and get ready to bake a batch of these heavenly cookies that promise to be a hit among both the health-conscious and the cookie enthusiasts in your life. Let’s create a treat that’s as nutritious as it is delicious!
- 2 cups almond flour (or any gluten-free flour of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 3-4 tablespoons stevia powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (ensure they are sugar-free)
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, melted grass-fed butter, stevia powder, egg, and vanilla extract. Ensure that the mixture is well combined.
- Combine Mixtures: Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, you can add a little more coconut oil.
- Add Chocolate Chips: Fold in the dark chocolate chips into the dough.
- Form Cookies: Using a spoon, form small balls of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten them slightly with the back of the spoon or your fingers.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool: Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Enjoy your healthy, gluten-free, and sugar-free dark chocolate chip cookies!
- Flour Alternatives: If you don’t have almond flour, you can use other gluten-free flours like coconut flour or oat flour. Be aware that the texture may vary.
- Stevia Quantity: Adjust the amount of stevia according to your sweetness preference. Different brands of stevia have different levels of sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips: Make sure your dark chocolate chips are sugar-free. You can also chop up a sugar-free dark chocolate bar if you can’t find chips.
Enjoy baking and indulging in these healthier cookies!
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.