Coconut Splash Lemon Protein Bar
When life give you lemons, make lemon bars 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1.5 cup organic old fashion blended oatmeal, wheat free
- 1/2 cup raisin
- 1/2 cup dried cranberry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup silvered almonds
- 1 cup raw cashew, soaked in water
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, sugar free
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. organic grass fed butter, unsalted
- 5 tbsp. applesauce, sugar free
- 1 tbsp. baobab poeder, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, optional
- 4 scoops protein powder, vanilla or no flavour
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey
- /4 cup filtered water
- 1 fresh lemon
- Blend cashew, raisin, and dried cranberries
- Knead 1.5 cup blended oatmeal, 1 tbsp. baobab, 4 scoops protein powder, 1/2 cu chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup silvered almonds, blended cashews, raisin, dried cranberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead 1 tbsp. coconut oil, 2 tbsp. organic grass fed butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 5 tbsp. applesauce, garnished lemon skin with grater and squeezed lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Add water and mix well
- Line square 8×8 baking pan with a wax paper.
- Dun the dough and press it down to cover the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Spread layer of 1/4 cup of honey on the top of dough evenly.
- Spread layer of 1/4 cup shred coconut on the top of honey evenly.
- Place the dough in the freezer for an hour then cut into 16 pieces.
- Keep them in the freezer or refrigerator after individually warped.
Best time to enjoy this delicious protein bar: within 1 hour after your activities.
Health benefits of coconut oil (MCT oil)
MCT, Medium chain triglycerides is an healthy saturated fat in coconut oil that easy to metabolize in your liver. Your liver use it as a energy source rather than accumulating as a body fat so it promotes fat loss.
Keywords: Meal replacement, Power protein bar
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.