- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, and yeast. Stir gently and let it sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast becomes frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Add the oil. Stir everything together until a sticky dough forms. The dough will be wetter and stickier than traditional bread dough.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a Dutch oven or oven-safe pot with a lid into the oven while it preheats.
- Sprinkle some additional gluten-free flour onto a clean surface. Carefully transfer the risen dough onto the floured surface. Shape the dough into a round loaf, gently folding and tucking the edges underneath to create a smooth top.
- Carefully remove the preheated Dutch oven from the oven. Remove the lid and place the shaped dough into the hot pot. Be cautious as the pot will be very hot.
- Cover the pot with the lid and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove the lid and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- Once baked, carefully remove the bread from the pot and place it on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Enjoy your homemade gluten-free artisan bread!