Vegan Stir-Fried Tofu with Vegetables
Enjoy a burst of flavors with this enticing Vegan Stir-Fried Tofu with Vegetables recipe. Tender tofu is perfectly seasoned and stir-fried with an array of vibrant vegetables, creating a colorful and nutritious dish. With its delightful textures and aromatic blend of spices, this recipe is a true culinary delight for vegans and non-vegans alike
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 block (400g) firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, snow peas)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, for thicker sauce)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the cubed tofu and stir-fry until it becomes golden and crispy on all sides. Remove the tofu from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the mixed vegetables and stir-fry for a few minutes until they are slightly tender but still crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, and cornstarch (if using) to create a sauce.
- Return the tofu to the pan with the vegetables and pour the sauce over the mixture. Stir-fry for another minute or two until the sauce thickens and coats the tofu and vegetables.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.