Summer Salad Roll
The perfect way to get in your vegetables 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Nori sheets
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 apple, sliced
- Lay 1 nori sheet on a bamboo mat
- layer half of sprouts, avocado, cucumber, carrot, and apple one by one
- To roll, grip the edges of the nori sheet and the bamboo mat together with your thumbs and fingers, and press the filling back toward you with your other fingers
- Roll the front to the edge of the nori over the filling
- Squeezee it with the bamboo mat and continue rolling
- Right before completing the roll, dip your index finger in water and run it along the far edge of the nori sheet to seal the roll
- Do the same things to make another roll
- Cut the roll in 8 pieces
- Asian sesame dressing for the dipping sauce
Health benefits of Nori (dried seaweed) are…
- It contains iodine and tyrosine that support thyroid function
- It contains Vitamin K,B, iron, manganese, coppa, and zinc to support your immune function and protect your cells from damaging.
- It promote weight loss.
Keywords: Vegan sushi roll, Low carbs, Keto friendly
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.