Southwestern Egg Muffins
Introducing the flavorful Southwestern Egg Muffins recipe! This recipe yields 4 servings, with each serving consisting of 3 muffins.
Make 4 servings ( 1 serving = 3 muffins)
Nutrition content per serving: Cal: 248, Fat (g) 16, Sat. Fat (g) 4, Chol (mg) 530, Sodium (mg) 308, Carb (g) 8, Fiber (g) 2, Protein (g) 17
- 10 organic eggs
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder or chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 jalapeño minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- unrefined, organic coconut oil for greasing muffin pans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk eggs in bowl and set aside until they are room temperature.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add garlic and stir to combine. Add peppers (if using), spinach, and seasonings. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the skillet from heat.When mixture has cooled slightly, stir in cilantro.Then add to the eggs in the bowl and stir to combine.
- Rub a little coconut oil in a 12-count muffin tin or line with muffin liners. Divide the egg mixture between the 12 muffin tins and bake egg muffins for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before removing and serving. May be frozen and reheated.
Tips: These muffins make an excellent on-the-go breakfast or quick snack that is full of lean protein, healthy fat, and lots of vegetables.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.