Introducing a delightful recipe for sugar-free biscuits! These biscuits are a guilt-free treat, perfect for those looking to enjoy a sweet and satisfying baked good without the added sugar.
Make 12 servings (1 serving = 1 biscuit)
- 1.5 cup brown rice
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 425•F
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients (brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt)
- Sprinkle oil on top, and mix well with a pastry blender or fork, until consistency is crumbly.
- Mix in applesauce, and stir until blended
- Drop 12 equal spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. With spoon, lightly shape into biscuit.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until slightly browned.
- Serve warm, for best flavor.
Tips: Spread home-made apricot or blueberry jam before serving if desire
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.