No Sugar Biscuits
Make 12 servings (1 serving = 1 biscuit)
- 1.5 cup brown rice
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 425•F
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients (brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt)
- Sprinkle oil on top, and mix well with a pastry blender or fork, until consistency is crumbly.
- Mix in applesauce, and stir until blended
- Drop 12 equal spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. With spoon, lightly shape into biscuit.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until slightly browned.
- Serve warm, for best flavor.
Tips: Spread home-made apricot or blueberry jam before serving if desire