No Sugar Added Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
Are you in search of a healthy dessert that satisfies your sweet tooth without any added sugar? Do you also want it to look presentable enough to serve to your guests? Look no further than this no-sugar-added fruit parfait!
This dessert boasts a creamy texture and is loaded with fresh, sweet fruits that not only taste delicious but also benefit your gut health. Plus, the fruit provides fiber and phytonutrients that are essential for your overall well-being.
So, indulge in this guilt-free dessert that not only satisfies your cravings but also nourishes your body!
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds or pecans)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the diced strawberries, blueberries, and kiwis.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the chopped nuts and shredded coconut until lightly browned and fragrant.
- To assemble the parfaits, spoon a layer of the yogurt mixture into the bottom of each serving dish.
- Spoon a layer of the fruit mixture on top of the yogurt.
- Repeat layers of yogurt and fruit until the dishes are full.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts and coconut over the top of the parfaits.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
If desired, you have the options to replace with other fruits. Enjoy your delicious and healthy fruit and yogurt parfait!
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.