Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
When you think about meatballs without breadcrumbs, it sounds dry. Wrong! There are healthy alternative ingredients that bind the meat together and it keeps the meat moist. Moreover, it adds nutrition value.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3 cups ground beef, organic, grass fed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, organic, shredded
- 1 cup tomato & basil pasta sauce, organic
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 large size free range whole eggs, organic
- 8–12 medium size fresh tomato, organic
- 3 tablespoon apple puree, unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Add 3 cups beef, 1 cup cheese, 1 eggs, 1/2 cup almond flour, 3 tbsp. apple puree, and 1/4 tsp. 3 spices in a large mixing bowl and mix well ( use your hands).
- Make 12 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs out of the oven.
- Pour a cup mixture of parsley & tomato pasta sauce on the meatballs evenly.
- Cover the meatballs with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and decorate outline edge with fresh tomatoes
- Place the meatballs in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted
- Take meatballs out of the oven
Enjoy meatballs with mix salad or steamed asparagus!
- Serving Size: 1 meatball
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 1.5
- Protein: 12.8
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.