Written by Veronica Yoo
Crispy Quinoa Squares
Crispy Quinoa Squares are my go-to snack when I crave for sweets. There is a smart way to enjoy healthy snacks. In my case, I usually eat 1-2 Crispy Quinoa Squares before or after my workout with my protein shake 🙂 It helps my performance and recovery phase.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Healthy treat
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tsp. organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup organic date syrup
- 1/4 cup cold pressed raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup organic chopped dates, pitted
- 3 cups organic puffed quinoa
- 3 cups organic puffed kamut
- Melt coconut oil and almond butter in a large pot.
- Add date syrup, honey, chopped dates, raw pumpkin seeds. Stir until bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract. mix well.
- Add puffed quinoa, kamut and mix well with wooden spoon.
- Press into a glass or ungreased pan (9×13 inch), press mixture flat.
- Place the mixture in a refrigerator.
- Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
What are the health benefits of cold-pressed raw honey?
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- It is a prebiotic that feeds probiotic to support healthy gut.
- It is immune booster.
- It supports exercise performance
- It contains antioxidant that helps to protect your body from cell damage due to free radical.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.