Today, we are going to cover, relationships between cortisol and weight gain, especially upper body and belly fat
If you have a hard time to get in a nutritional ketosis on Ketogenic Diet, you should check your cortisol levels and learn how to manage to maintain the healthy cortisol levels to get optimal result on your Ketogenic Diet.
What is cortisol? Another word, stress hormone.
The cortisol is made in adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are located on the top of kidneys.
It weighs about 4 pounds each. When you have stress events physically and mentally, such as injuries, surgeries, financial problems, toxic relationships, heavy workloads, divorce, lost a loved one, etc.
The healthy cortisol levels are high in the morning and low in the evening. The lowest level of cortisol is around midnight.
Natural remedies to maintain healthy cortisol levels
- Sleep: instead of taking sleeping pills, take magnesium and melatonin a couple of hours before bedtime.
- Take Epsom salt bath and add lavender to unwind yourself.
- Drink tea: Camomile(add some cinnamon & lemon), Ashwagandha, or valerian root tea.
- It’s proven the exercise is the number one natural remedy to reduce the chronic stress, but not the point that makes you exhausted.
- Have enough calories to reduce cortisol levels
- Coffee Detox: The acid in the coffee it depletes adrenal glands.
- Have a portion of net carb for the last meal to bring the natural way to release serotonin hormone to have a goodnight’s sleep.
- Nutritional yeast: Vitamin B1 it helps lower the cortisol levels and pamper adrenal glands.
- Apple cider vinegar before your meals to maintain your stomach levels to prevent acid reflux, heartburn.