Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
Did you know that sweet potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals which may be beneficial for people with thyroid conditions. Additionally, sweet potatoes are a low glycemic index food, meaning they can help to regulate blood sugar levels, which may be beneficial for people with thyroid conditions.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 20 min.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato or yam
- 2 whole eggs, organic free range
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, cold pressed, organic
- 1/3 cup honey, raw cold pressed, organic or 6 dates, pitted
- 2 cups oats, dry blended
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, organic (optional)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line silicone muffin cups in a baking pan
- In a large mixing bowl, add wet ingredients: mashed potato, coconut oil, 2 eggs, honey, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add blended oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
- Combine mixed dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. ( use spartular )
- Pour the batter into silicone muffin cups evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool down and store in the refrigerator or freezer
What are the health benefits of sweet potato?
1. Rich in Antioxidants: Sweet potatoes are a great source of antioxidants, including beta-carotene, which can help protect cells from damage.
2. High in Nutrients: Sweet potatoes are a great source of many vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and B6, as well as iron and potassium.
3. Can Help Lower Blood Pressure: The high amounts of potassium in sweet potatoes can help to regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension.
4. May Help Improve Digestion: Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber, which can help to promote regularity and a healthy digestive system.
5. May Help Lower Cholesterol: The fiber content in sweet potatoes can help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.