Hello my beautiful Vegan Dieters!
I am very sure you have tried tempeh already 🙂
Tempeh is a fermented soybean that contains protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, Manganese, B vitamins. It is an excellent source of prebiotic fibers that feed your friendly gut bacteria so it increases butyrate which is a short chain fatty acid that provides energy for your cells in the gut lining of your intestine. Therefore, introducing tempeh in your diet supports your digestive system. Which means, it has anti-inflammatory effect on your body. It also contains pretty high protein in a small serving so it provides satiated feeling and helps to boost metabolism as well.
It is a plant-based source yet I strongly recommend a tempeh to everyone unless you have allergic to soybeans.
Tamari Baked Tempeh
Total Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 1 package 8 oz of organic tempeh
- 2 tbsp. Organic soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. Organic rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- Sprinkle Black pepper
- Cilantro or parsley.
- Cut the tempeh into cubes.
- Steamed tempeh in medium heat for 10 minutes
- While steaming the tempeh, mixed all. Ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place steamed tempeh cubes in a shallow dish ( square shape preferred ).
- Pour the sauce on the tempeh and set on the side for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425•F.
- Prepare a silicon baking sheet on a baking pan.
- Place marinated tempeh cubes on the baking pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove tempeh from the oven and brush leftover sauce on the tempeh cubes then back more until the cubes are charred around the edges.
- Garnish chopped cilantro or parsley on before serving.
- Enjoy with mixed salad or quinoa salad bowl.