Greetings, my beautiful Vegan Dieters!
I’m sure many of you have already indulged in the wonders of tempeh 🙂
Tempeh, a fermented soybean product, is a treasure trove of nutrients including protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and B vitamins. What’s more, it’s an excellent source of prebiotic fibers that nourish your friendly gut bacteria. These fibers promote the production of butyrate, a beneficial short-chain fatty acid that energizes the cells lining your intestinal walls. By incorporating tempeh into your diet, you’re not only supporting your digestive system but also enjoying its anti-inflammatory effects. Furthermore, even a small serving of tempeh provides a substantial amount of protein, leaving you feeling satiated and giving your metabolism a boost.
I highly recommend tempeh to everyone as a plant-based source of nutrition, unless you have a soybean allergy.
Now, let’s dive into a delicious recipe: Tasty Tempeh.
Total Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 1 package (8 oz) of organic tempeh
- 2 tbsp. organic soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. organic rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- Cilantro or parsley (for garnish)
- Cut the tempeh into cubes.
- Steam the tempeh over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- While the tempeh is steaming, mix all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the steamed tempeh cubes in a shallow dish (preferably square-shaped).
- Pour the sauce over the tempeh and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Prepare a silicone baking sheet on a baking pan.
- Place the marinated tempeh cubes on the baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tempeh from the oven and brush any leftover sauce on the cubes. Bake for a bit longer until the cubes are slightly charred around the edges.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley before serving.
- Enjoy your Tamari Baked Tempeh with a mixed salad or a quinoa salad bowl.
I hope you relish this flavorful dish! If you need any further assistance, feel free to let me know.
Veronica is dedicated and experienced nutritionist and certified health coach who specializes in functional medicine, She's a published author, nutritional instructor, WBFF professional figure athlete, and both the brains and beauty behind all that Makeover Nutrition offers.
Veronica is also the President & CEO of a BC based health and wellness association; Pacific Alliance of Body Care.